Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Back to Blogging

Hello Friends!

It has been a while since I last posted here on my blog. Part of this is due to the busyness that followed my return home. I have been BUSY!

First, There was the NARM exam.... PRAISE THE LORD I PASSED! It was a super stressful time for me, but God is ever faithful! I am still awaiting my official certification to arrive in the mail, but I have been told that it is currently being processed and I am hopeful to receive it within the next month or so!

Next, there was my little sister's wedding (a BEAUTIFUL event!). I may post more on this once I receive photos. Unfortunately, this maid of honor was a little to busy to think of taking any for herself! I am so happy for my sister and now brother-in-law! They truly are a wonderful couple!

Then there is cultural adjustments. I feel like I am doing much better now, but it is still hard at times. There are the random things that come up such as speaking Visayan words/phrases and forgetting that people around me do not understand. Or pointing with facial expressions. Or forgetting that you actually CAN flush toilet paper.... There are the deeper aspects of adjustment too. Learning to once again live with a family. Learning to not feel such frustration with the common selfish American mindset. Learning to adjust to a life that has changed much in the past two years.

So much has changed. It is still home and a family I love, but I now have a niece, sister-in-law and a brother-in-law. Friends have changed, married, moved away. I have changed in ways too. It is a lot of adjustment to take in and process.

I had been seeming to go through what I termed "birth withdrawals". I miss birth! I miss being in an environment where I lived and breathed midwifery. It was an integral part of my life for the past two years. Being out of that environment has made me feel at times like a fish out of water. However, the Lord knows and has been helping me in that.

This past week I was blessed with the privilege of attending a dear friend of mine's birth. (Post coming soon!) I was honored to be her doula and witness the miracle of birth once again. God is so good!

So what comes next?- you may ask. Thanks for asking! I am excited to see what the Lord has in store! Right now, He seems to be leading for me to start serving here as a midwife! I have had a number of meetings with various midwives here and some have encouraged me to just start where I am at. I have been overwhelmed by the support and acceptance I am receiving. Stay tuned! There may soon be a blog post introducing a new name in the midwifery practice world!

Besides trying to get everything in order for that, I have been busy with life in general. I have gotten back to helping on my family's farm (Shear Pleasure Farm) and have been excited to see how that is blossoming. Back in September I was able to show my French Angora buck's fleece and won 3rd place from the Common Ground Fair! Anyway, I found it to be very exciting!

Well.... That is a brief update of what I have been up to! I will TRY to be a bit better about blogging, but there is no guarantee! Until Next time!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting ! I'm so happy for you! I'm praying for you every day!
    God bless, Jada

    ReplyDelete