Monday, July 14, 2014

Eye of the tiger

I had written a whole long post about life and its busyness. Then my browser crashed and I lost it all! Suffice it to say I have been wicked busy! My life is full with time in the clinic and studying for my NARM exam in August.

It is hard to believe that my time here is quickly coming to an end. In 22 short days I will be heading home. So many mixed emotions. I leave that discussion for another post another day.

In the midst of final preparations and studying I still find time to spend time with friends! I have also been able to spend some more time with art work. Here is my most recent piece...


Tigers- such amazing animals! This was done for a friend of mine. The eye of the tiger is a well known metaphor. You get knocked down, but you get back up. You focus, you stay committed. Your eye is set upon the prize... wait- kind of reminds me of a passage in Scripture. 

Philippians 3:13-14  " Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

and this one...

Proverbs 24:16 "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again:..."

Just thought I would share this thought with you. No, life is not easy. It is not easy to be a missionary away from friends and family. It is not easy to look toward the next step of transition. There is much to do... it can be overwhelming... There are many things in life that can pull one down and throw off ones focus. But it is important to get back up and press onward for the glory of God! Focus on the Lord! Stay Strong in Him! Set your eye on the prize- like the eyes of the tiger!
 

Well, I should get back to studying! I did just want to let you all know that I am still here and doing well! Just been super busy as of late! I will try to not wait so long between this and my next post! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment