Monday, April 14, 2014

Blog Post 100

I never really thought I would make it to this point! 100 blog posts! That is crazy! I want to take this post to share with you how amazingly God has worked in my life up to this point! I am so very blessed and I just want to share some of those blessings with you! Please read to the end!

As many of you know, I have been blessed to have the opportunity to serve the Lord here in the Philippines for the last year and 9 months. Over and over, I have seen God provide and work in my life in miraculous ways. Ways that I never even thought possible! I have witnessed so many births. I have seen God provide in miraculous ways financially.

Again and again the Lord took the time to teach me lessons and to grow me. It has been a wicked exciting journey! I thought I knew my path and what God's plan for my life held. I thought I knew... But sometimes we learn that God has something different in store. Something special... something you never saw coming.

Let me tell you the story of a girl. She was a young girl who loved the Lord. She committed to keeping her heart pure and focused on the Lord's will. She prayed every day for what the Lord would have in her future. As she grew the Lord gave her a burden to serve. She went to college and learned a lot. She made wonderful friends. Then against her plans, but according to God's, she left college "early"- but right on time in God's eyes.
This girl searched for the best way to become a midwife. She knew she had a burden to serve in missions. God called her to the Philippines. It was not in her plans, but in God's plans. She fought at first, then surrendered to go.
Fast forward a few months. Away from home... trusting the Lord... looking and praying toward the future. That girl was not sure what her future would hold, but she trusted that her heavenly Father did....God allowed for this girl to reconnect with an old college friend. They enjoyed talking and encouraging one another in the Lord. As God worked in the girl's heart, she knew the Lord had something special for her future. She wondered what the Lord was preparing her for.
Fast forward a few more months....That good friend decided to take a step after much prayer and consideration. He went to that girl's father and they talked. Father called that girl and told her a young man had asked for permission to get to know her better. She was shocked but excited to see how God would work.
Fast forward to today. That girl is sitting on her bed when her skype rings. Her father is calling... He wants to know if she will "go for it" (reference "The Quiet Man"). She can hardly speak, but replies "I'll go for it". Her special friend is there and her parents gives their blessing.

And that my friends is the condensed version of how God is currently working in my life. As of this morning I have been blessed to enter into a courtship with a wonderful man of God. I am on the other side of the world! I never dreamed this would happen in a million years! God had brought me to the place where I was content to be a single missionary. I never thought a relationship was in my near future- let alone a relationship when I was in the Philippines! Wow! All I can say is all the glory goes to the Lord. He is so amazing. When I view how he has perfectly orchestrated my life to bring me to this point, my heart is so full of thankfulness. I am so very happy! I ask that you would pray for us as we enter this courtship and look for the Lord's leading and direction in our lives! To God be the glory!

10 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! Thank you for sharing your story! I will be praying and I can't wait to meet him!
    Paula J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, even though I am not there, he is heading to Maine end of May for a visit :) maybe then ;)

      Delete
  2. Love you. I am excited for you and Keagan.. Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Momma! I am also wicked excited and look forward to seeing how God will work in the future!

      Delete
  3. So excited for you Sarah. Wow, what a beautiful story!! I'm sooooo happy for you and can see Gods hand in all of it!! You're blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, P.S.- what an AWESOME 100TH post!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very blessed! God is very good! Looking forward to seeing you all in August! Give Riley a hug for me!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Sarah!! What a great testimony this is to other young girls that God ALWAYS knows best. Thanks so much for sharing! :) So excited and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure to share! I am praying that God will continue to guide in this relationship and that it will be a testimony to other young girls. Waiting is so worth it! God has a better plan than you ever dreamed of!

      Delete
  6. Yay, Sarah, I am so happy for you! Thank you for sharing your story! It is a good lesson for me.... to know that God's way and His timing is always the best! :-)

    ReplyDelete