Monday, April 14, 2014

A different perspective....

After the events of the past 24 hours, I am still smiling! God has worked in such miraculous ways in my life! I am very thankful for the courtship he has allowed for me to enter into with Keagan. I asked him if he would like to share his side of the story... so here it is :)

"God is good! Ever since I was a young man I've been praying that the Lord would prepare me for and prepare for me a young woman of the Lord who loves and seeks His will above all else in her life. I prayed that she would be strong yet tender hearted. Intelligent yet humble. A hard worker but one who knows how to laugh and have a good time. A woman of substance and high standards yet merciful and open to listening to the views of others. A woman of internal beauty and purity who I can trust in all matters of life to be honest with me. One who is not afraid to tell you where she stands on a matter yet wise enough to know when to make that stand clear and when to refrain from declaring.

For years I prayed and observed. As the years passed on I began to wonder if ever such a woman existed any more in this world then it happened, I met her on the campus of Pensacola Christian College!

Oh the joy and thrill to see such a woman as her! One who sought God and loved His ways! We became good friends and I thanked the Lord for His blessings, then as fast as I'd known her I knew her no longer for the Lord called her back home. I was left with sadness at the loss of my friend yet I understood that God's way was best; therefore, with God's help I girded myself like a man and prepared to wait and watch once more for the woman of my prayers.

Years passed on and still I waited in full faith that God would provide and provide He did. God saw fit to reconnect me with this old campus friend of mine and our friendship began anew!

Our friendship grew and grew and the day came after much prayer that I decided having lost her once, by God's grace I would not lose her again. I called her father and requested his permission and blessing upon the pursuit of his holy and true daughter. A few weeks later I had the privilege to meet both her father and mother face to face for one weekend. In the end her father gave me his full permission and blessing to court his daughter, Sarah Granquist. Upon calling Sarah and asking her mind toward courtship she responded with an affirmation that filled my heart with joy and placed a smile on my face!

I thank the Lord for His many blessings that He has brought into my life but most of all for Sarah! She is the woman of my prayers and I excitedly anticipate the Lord's plan for our lives!

God is good!"

7 comments:

  1. :) it's so sweet to watch God work in your lives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I am so very proud of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. :) I do too-and so do many others! It is official- this blog post is more popular than my original post Blog Post 100 :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats I'm so happy for you bot and that your flowing GODS leading love yo so much and know I'll love Kegan when get too know him

    ReplyDelete