Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hannah Faith

Perfect timing... That is what I thought this morning! I woke up to a text from the clinic. A continuity patient from our Centering group was there in labor. I was first up in the call rotation. Though I was told the patient did not appear very active, she was expecting her 4th baby which meant I should hurry. I quickly threw on scrubs, grabbed my backpack and hopped into the ambulance that had come to pick me up.
I arrived and took over the care of "Aimee". I checked and found that she was only 6-7 cm dilated. However, her bag of waters had ruptured at 5am, so I was unsure how quickly labor would progress. I took the opportunity to pray with her and her husband. It was neat to see this Christian couple lift up their voices with me as we prayed to the Lord.
I was starting to fill out some paperwork following admission. It was not longer than 10 minutes when her husband called for me. I rushed in, just in time to see the tuft of black hair emerge. I pulled on a pair of gloves and called for some help. Within ONE MINUTE, her precious baby emerged!
Their 3rd baby girl... Baby Hannah Faith- we thanked the Lord for the little bundle of joy that the Lord had given. Both Momma and baby were doing well and there were no major complications!
A few hours later I returned to the dorm and enjoyed a nice frigid shower. It was quite refreshing! Sleep will come later I am sure...
 I love being a midwife! I love what God has called me to do! Yes, it is hard at times, but it is worth it! I am so very blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment