Thursday, December 26, 2013

Warm Christmas Greetings!

Hello Friends! Merry Christmas to you all! I had a wonderful Christmas full of various surprises and blessings... Let me share how I spent my second Christmas in the Philippines

The day started at midnight where I was on shift at the clinic. A beautiful young woman came into the clinic in active labor. We labored together and laughed together... she cried, I dried her tears... She was strong and excited to meet her precious baby. At 2:08am a tiny sweet baby girl was born. 5lbs. 7oz. Baby Janilah Rey...

 Such a Wonderfully Sweet Christmas Gift to receive!... Just look at her precious face!

After shift I returned to my Christmasy dorm and slept for a few hours... Then I went to turn on my computer and suddenly I received a skype call from a sweet friend of mine! What another surprise Christmas gift! I am very blessed!
Here are a just few pictures from my Christmas in the Philippines....




Can not forget the fans! A part I am very thankful for!

Definitely not the same as a "real" tree... but it works well... and we are thankful for it!
Christmas evening we made pizza (Yes, I made a gluten free one for myself) and had an enjoyable Christmas party with our housemates and friends! After exchanging gifts, we played a game and then my family called! I was thankful to be able to actually skype with them... especially as there was a huge ice storm back home which left them and many others without power.... Thanks to a generator and an internet hotspot it was possible to skype with my precious family... I am so thankful and so very blessed! I am also glad that the children received the only gift they asked of me for Christmas... to see and talk with me... this was my favorite Christmas gift of all!
What a precious day... not only for the many blessings and surprises I received on this Christmas day, but also for the greatest blessing I benefit from... the one that came years ago in a manger in a little town called Bethlehem. I am so very thankful that my Lord came down to show how much He loves me... He didn't have to, but He chose to come as a newborn baby and experience life... Praise His Name for the MOST PRECIOUS GIFT that was ever given! Merry Christmas Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment