Monday, December 16, 2013

12 Skills Project Conclusion

This year was a lot of fun... so much has happened! At the beginning of the year I had the idea to begin a 12 skills project with the object of learning 12 new random skills by the end of the year... and though some posts were slightly late, I was successful! Here is a brief review of the skills I learned:

#1: Knife Throwing! Still not awesome at it, but still fun to practice... read about it more here.

#2: Copying a dress without a pattern... Have yet to do it again... but it was fun!

#3: Riding a Carabao! That was a wonderful memory I doubt I will ever forget... here is the story!

#4: Learned how to make my favorite Filipino food from scratch... LUMPIA! Even recreated this one for my family!

#5: Traveling internationally SOLO... all by myself... yes, I think that is a skill!

#6: Being a bridesmaid... yes, this is definitely a skill... what a wonderful memory!

#7: Making gluten, dairy, soy and egg free cornbread... my own recipe!

#8: Creating a new recipe... "Hedgehog Balls"... basically a pork meat ball & sauerkraut... delicious!

#9: Paddling a Suong in Cambodia!

#10: Doing Oil pastel drawings! You can see pictures of some of them here...

#11: Creating 4 (1 per week) allergy friendly recipes! Yummy! More about them here...

#12: A duct tape computer sleeve... Ayuh, I am a Maine-ah :) Duct tape is such a great invention... here is a picture and the story...

Well folks, that is it... there are the 12 new skills.... my new years resolution complete! Hard to believe the year has already flown by! It has been a wonderful year, full of many blessings, challenges, and lessons learned... but I think I will save those for another post, another day! Anyone willing to take up the 12 skills project for next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment