Thursday, October 3, 2013

Inner Strength = "Jin Bricks"


Just got back from Cambodia and right back into the swing of things at the clinic... time for another Baby story (know you love these!)...
Shift started at 5:45am... I was tired, but awake enough as there was only one laboring mother for me to care for... after observing her, it was determined she was only in early labor and that she should return to her nearby home to rest and wait for labor to pick up....
At 8am another mother came in. She was smaller framed with a "basket ball" belly, though it measured small for her gestational age... She appeared active and soon we determined that "Love-Love" would stay at the clinic. I prepared for the birth I eagerly anticipated...
"Love-Love" labored for a while, but the pain built and she grew agitated... she was ready to push, and tried then thrashed about and said how she couldn't do it...

Another midwife and I exchanged glances and she whispered... "she just needs to find that inner strength"... I nodded, knowing exactly what she meant, silently praying that my patient would find her strength as I tried to softly encourage her.... A minute or two later, a gush of amniotic fluid and another contraction, she found the strength... she pushed intensely for <2 12="" 5="" 9:34am="" a="" and="" at="" baby="" blessed="" born="" boy="" breathe="" bricks="" came="" day="" encouragements="" from="" healthy="" ignored="" in="" it="" lb="" minutes="" my="" name="" ot="" oz="" p="" sure="" the="" though="" to="" was="" where="">
The day continued and got busy, but I still look back and smile... my friend was right... sometimes that inner strength makes a world of difference....

No comments:

Post a Comment