Monday, April 22, 2013

Baby Michael's Birth

I noticed it has been a while since I last posted a birth story... something that must be remedied :D I will tell of my most recent welcoming....
It was late... there had been a beautiful birth that I was able to assist just before 1am. I set to studying as I was "next up"... I was very sleepy so I laid down on the couch... but rest would not come... So I studied and waited.
About 1:54 am I heard the familiar sound of the clinic door opening and the familiar rush of voices which only can mean one thing... Labor :D As I looked at the mother, I immediately knew that she was Badjao... I tried to communicate with her, but it was difficult. She went to the CR... The guard reported that he couldn't find her chart... Then suddenly, at 1:56 am she and her bantay came running out of the CR. I led them to the closest bed where she immediately laid down.
As I looked, suddenly the head began to emerge... and at 1:57 am a beautiful baby boy was born. He was 8lbs. 1oz. such a cutie! Being Badjao, the mother asked if I wouldn't mind naming the baby...
Which I gladly did... His name: Michael after my little brother.


Michael's birth was followed closely by another mother who came in "Fully"... so it was a very busy shift!  What a miracle birth is... To see new life emerging... Such a blessing!

Happy Birthday Baby Michael!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! God is awesome. Love that you are willing to be His servant and to be used to help these women in such a real way to see the Love of the Lord in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby and beautiful story! When I saw the title I wondered if you got to name the baby ;) What a blessing!!
    Glad to hear of another wonderful miracle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special to be able to name the sweet new arrival. I bet your brother was pretty excited! Looking forward to hearing some of these moving accounts in person!!

    ReplyDelete