Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year!

Happy New Year!
This past year a LOT has changed for me... Moving to the Philippines to serve as a missionary has been the most major change, but there have been a lot of little changes too...
I have learned so much this year... and for that I am thankful! However, I am looking forward to learning even more...

Today I was able to welcome my first baby of 2013! After a long and very hard labor, Baby Mark was born...at 10:13 am...he weighed 8lbs!!!! I also had the opportunity to insert my first IV today!



As far as new year resolutions go, I am sure we all have a list... This year I wanted to do something a little different...Something to help expand my skill set... This "project" is original as far as I know, but if not, sorry :( just gonna borrow it :D....

Each month this year, I will plan on learning a new skill... this may be a random skill and will most likely not be perfected by the end of the month :D This may also included an addition to a prior skill (such as learning to cook a new style food, or learning to greatly enhance a prior skill such as using flamming poi, not just practice ones...). I hope to post a monthly update with the new skill and maybe even how the old ones are doing... just think that at the end of the year I will be able to look back and see 12 things I learned to do, 12 things I had never done before...
I think it will be a fun experiment... we shall see how wild and crazy I get with it!

Up first.... Skill #1 will be.....(drum roll)... any guesses?..... Will post an update soon!

3 comments:

  1. :) good one, Erica!
    Hmmmm...don't know if I have a guess, but great idea to try 12 new skills!
    I was going to say knitting but I bet you already can :) so I'll wait for the updated post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome idea!

    *goes to add to 2014 resolutions*

    ReplyDelete