Sunday, November 11, 2012

Two times the blessing!

I always feel that being involved in the miracle of is a blessing... today I was doubly blessed! This morning I was "endorsed" a laboring mother to watch and help out. In the midst of other birth room business I heard "SROM" and rushed in to be with her. About 20 minutes later, she pushed a beautiful  baby boy into the world! Amazing! He had a nuchal hand and nuchal cord (he came out with a cord around his neck and a hand pressed to his cheek), but praise the Lord, he was ok.... Mom was good too... she was a 20 year old and this was her 3th baby... Wow...
So, here I present baby Jairus.... 7lbs 1oz...

After getting baby Jairus and his mom all settled in post-partum, I was working on some paper work when the supervisor assigned another labor to me as well... This time the mother was 26 and this was her first baby! I was excited for her! She was doing a great job breathing... and not even 2 hours later I was able to again witness the miracle of birth and welcome baby Mary Christine into this world...... 5lbs. 3oz. Her placenta fit in my hand and the cord was smaller than my little finger...  she also had a tight nuchal cord and the cord was wrapped around her body as well...



So I was doubly blessed! By the end of shift I was exhausted, but God gives strength as we need it! Here we are together, Jairus (yellow hat), Mary Christine (Pink/white hat) and I....
God is so good! Miracles happen everyday! I am so thankful to be witness to one of the greatest miracles of all!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. Very happy and excited for you. I know this has been a desire of your heart for a long time. God is so good to give us the desires of our hearts, especially when we are willing to do it all for his honor and glory.
    Love and prayers,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete