Sunday, October 14, 2012

Make new friends!

This week the words from that little song came to me "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold." So true! I have greatly enjoyed making friends with the Filipinas and other girls here, but have also grown to hold my friends back home closer to my heart.
This week I received two unexpected cards from home and some emails from dear friends. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers of all my Golden friends
My Silver friends are also a blessing! The Filipinas love to have a good time and are such a joy to be around. We made some wedding decorations and then they made a delicious lunch of fish, pork, rice and pineapple for Nancy, Brittany, and I. In my last post, I included photos of a few of us making doughnuts... well, this weekend for dinner, we made pancakes. It was so much fun to see the excitement that comes with their successful cooking skills!
Jamie and I
Besides the cooking, I have had more experiences in the prenatal clinic and the birth room. I will try to blog about that another time. For today I just wanted to thank all my friends old and new for being there and keeping me in their prayers! Thank you!


5 comments:

  1. Morning my preshies Sarah worke up thinking off you happy too see your blog today .were havinfg rain today auntie Theo and I are going too church then in town for lunch. my prayers are with you each day & night was happy too see mrs hatch brought there baby home. hered a message this week about laying up our treasures in heven not on earth so true you have a Blessed day all my love and prayers gram
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree so much! I have found those silver friends, but also treasure my gold friends all the more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    Hey! I m so glad I found your blog! I started reading and couldn't atop. Haha. I actually read almost every post (back to 2010 anyway...) :) I absolutely love bloga and reading bloga but I especially love reading about journeys such as your own that God is leading you on. I can't wait to come back here and continue to learn more about the philippenes and your midwifery and all that God is doing in and through your life as you serve Him there!
    I NEED your prayer card (I'm pretty sure I saw one at Church Hill) maybe I can get one from your mom? We have a missions wall in the school room and we pray every day for our missionaries! I love what you are doing there. Praise the Lord. And thanks for sharing on here! I've enjoyed reading all about it :)
    love,
    Nicole Pelkey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for any crazy spelling errors. Trying to type from my phone. Not so easy. Bloga=blogs
    Atop =stop
    :) haha. We will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so glad the Lord has blessed through this blog! Yes, either my mom can get you one (or more if you want) or you can get some from church... I gave Michael Britt a package of them before I left :D I try to update frequently, but as I become busier it may space out some more! Thank you for your prayers! God bless you and your family!

      Delete