Saturday, October 27, 2012

Joy in Serving Jesus!

In the midst of business, I was reminded of the fruit of the labor is sweet! This may be literally as well! Today my friend Brenda and I harvested pomelo that were ripe and hanging from the tree in our back yard! I then had the pleasure of using my knife to cut them open and we enjoyed the sweet inside (it is like a grapefruit) YUM!!!!!



 This afternoon we had a bridal shower for our Filipina friend Sylvette... We had a great time with games, merienda (snacks) and lots of fellowship!


After the busy afternoon, Brittany and I returned home to cook supper and do some work... We made pasta, sauce, and garlic bread sticks! Yummy KAAYO (Very Yummy!)
I will admit, I have been discouraged as of late... It has been hard as I am missing my family, my church, the first day of hunting season, Maine fall, and have papers due etc... But today the Lord reminded me that there is Joy in serving Jesus. If He wants me to be on the other side of the world... then for Him I will go... He is my All in All and in Him is true JOY!
On top of the good, quite evening, the Lord gave me inspiration for one of my projects that is due soon... I am so thankful that He blesses more abundantly than I could ever imagine!

"There is joy in serving Jesus
As I journey on my way
Joy that fills my heart with praises
Every hour and every day

There is joy, joy
                Joy in serving Jesus              
Joy that throbs within my heart
Every moment, every hour
As I draw upon His power
There is joy, joy
Joy that never shall depart

There is joy in serving Jesus
Joy; that triumphs over pain
Fills my heart with heaven's music
Till I join the glad refrain


There is joy, joy
                                                   Joy in serving Jesus              
                                           Joy that throbs within my heart
                                               Every moment, every hour
                                              As I draw upon His power
                                                      There is joy, joy
                                               Joy that never shall depart"

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah
    seam like a long time since got too message you . went ogg fb for couple days but easyes way too reach you I pray everyday for you for strenth and wisdom .love & prayers

    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Grammy! It has been a little while, but I hope you know that you are in my prayers as well! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Sarah. Thanks for the encouragement and great reminder that there is JOY in serving Jesus!! Its not about us...its all about Him!

    Brandon went out opening day and said he saw about seven people in the first hour. Couldn't even really hunt! Maybe you didn't miss anything too much this year :) or maybe Brandon really needs to find a new hunting spot :)

    Praying for u!

    ReplyDelete