Thursday, August 9, 2012

Travel and arrival....

I am finally here! It was a long trip with some delays, but we made it!
From Portland, OR we flew to L.A., then to Tokyo, then to Singapore and finally to Davao.
Every time we reached an airport, we had to go through security again... 
a pain, but no problems... no problems going through customs either! Praise the Lord!!!!
Here are some photos....
Airport decor in Singapore

(Note that these were taken very late at night hence the blur)

Below is a picture of the first critter to great me!
A cute little lizard on our bathroom window.... only a few inches long!

Pretty plants outdoors...

Two of my class mates on the ride home after our day of shopping..
(By the way, that is all of our stuff, not just theirs :D )

My night stand...

My bed (I have the bottom and the top is empty)

My desk
These are just a few pictures of my getting settled here. So you know, as time progresses, I have been warned that my posts will most likely become few and far between... just to warn you all! 
I am enjoying it here! It is hot and humid, but I am sure I will adjust... God works it all out! 
I am so thankful for all that God is doing and how He is providing! I am excited because we start language studies on Monday! Can't wait to see how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah! I never did get a chance to say goodbye to you at church! Wanted to let you know that my family and I will be and are praying for you! I'm so glad you are able to update some through here! I already enjoy reading your updates! So glad you made it safe!
    Take care! 1 Thessalonians 2:4 "Bus as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts."
    I love the first part of this verse especially, that God allowed us to be in trust with the gospel! wow!
    Anyways- take care, and know that we are praying for you!

    In Christ name-
    The Haywards(Lindsey)

    ReplyDelete