Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nutrition Dinner and Buntis (many Buntis...)

Today was a great day. I was able to skype my parents and Erica, get a lot of studying done, organize a book shelf, work on my paper, and attend the Nutrition dinner hosted by some of our good friends who have been here for two years.

The dinner was lots of fun! The point was to show how a nutritional meal could be created for a pregnant Filipino woman (Buntis) and her family. It was DELICIOUS!!!!!

Some bean and squash soup

Tilapia fish and veggies



So, in spirit of helping out our friends....... 



Our Buntis class....




In case you ever wonder how I may someday look.....
I must admit.... we had fun surprising our friends
who were definitely not expecting to have 12 "Buntis"
friends for dinner! 


Melissa and I having fun together!
So anyway, we had a great night. I was a little hesitant about the whole idea, but it was a lot of fun. I was told by a few of the midwives there that I really could pull off the pregnant belly.... not for a while :) It was great fun to see the look on our friends faces when in paraded all of the "pregnant" women.... not what they were expecting! Some great memories!.... well, that is all for tonight! Off to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! NOt what I was expecting either!!! LOL!! Not sure how Dad will feel, you look like you are caring triplets. Gram said to let you know that she is praying for you, her internet is down. Thanks for the laugh. :)
    Love and prayers,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... maybe the twins you always wanted :) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete