I had such a blessed day! God is so wonderful to me! It started with a great time in my devotions this morning,and was followed by a good time on the church bus. We had a wonderful service this morning about relationships (specifically between you and God). Then I came home and spent some time with my little sisters in the pool (Summer + water +sisters= fun!!!!!). I had a fun time in choir followed by another great service on faith. This was all followed by some sweet fellowship! I love my church family and will truly miss them all!
So, on top of all these wonderful times, some other blessings were:
1. I was able to spend some time with a good friend singing after church (and singing an impromptu special for service).
2. I had another sweet time with my younger sister (12) while I had to milk the goat. To see how she is growing into such a godly young lady is truly blessing my heart!
3. My littlest sister runs up to me and says "Sarah look what I found" and shows me a shiny dime. Me-"Oh yes, a dime. Put that in your piggy bank and save it honey." She looked at me and said "No, this is for you. Please take it. It will help get you to the Philippines." I took it and wanted to cry. The faith of my 7 year old sister. So sweet and sincere. When I start to doubt that God will provide He always reminds me that He will.
So in conclusion of this day what can I say except, I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams. Praise be to God!
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
So as I prepare to leave for the Philippines in August there are a few "details" that must be taken care of. One of the biggest tasks is to sell my rams. I have listed the information below. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information. Serious inquiries only. If you aren't interested in purchasing them, your prayers that I will find a buyer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Icelandic Sheep for Sale 2012
Icelandic sheep are considered to be a “tri-purpose” sheep. They can be used for their wool, meat and milk. They are a primitive breed and are fairly easy to care for. Icelandics are great sheep! I love our rams. They have beautiful wool and are great sheep, however I am going to the Philippines to serve as a missionary for two years and need to drastically downsize my flock. The proceeds of selling my rams will go to help fund my time at Mercy Maternity Center, a non-profit clinic that provides free maternity care. We are willing to make the younger ones “wethers” for you if you desire. For more information about the sheep feel free to contact me. Thanks for your interest!
- As you can see he does have a broken left horn, however this is in the process of growing back. Sires beautiful babies (all the other sheep listed here are his). He is about 7-8 years old.
- Dark brown/black
- Wonderful ram. He has been rented from us in the past and sired many beautiful babies. The farmer couldn't have been happier. He is the son of Fritz (above) and is about 5-6 years old. He is definitely in his prime!
- Born spring 2011
- Black Ram with white on face
- Handsome twin ram lamb. As seen in the photo his horns have a great spread. Very promising ram.
- Born spring 2011
- White ram
- Very pretty twin ram. Horns seem to have a good spread. Has great potential.
- Born spring 2012 (twin below)
- White ram possibly some tan markings
- This young ram is from a set of twins. He is very cute! His father (Fritz) has had great babies and his mother has always given very pretty lambs.
- Born spring 2012 (twin above)
- Beautiful black lamb (may have some dark brown later)
- This ram is from a set of twins. He has beautiful wool and his horns are solid black. Both of his parents are wonderful breeders. His father (Fritz) has sired many wonderful lambs for us.
Shear Pleasure Farm