Friday, March 9, 2012

Preparations.....

As I look at all that needs to be done in preparation for going to the Philippines, I begin to become overwhelmed. After all, there are books and equipment to purchase, questions to have answered, paperwork to finish, books to read and more questions to ask.
Then there are the finances to raise and the letters to write, the missions video to produce, and more letters to send out.
On top of all that there is the normal work, class and family life....

Busy, Hectic, Crazy... label it what you will... it is overwhelming!

Then I pause and remember the verse:

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

God says "Be still" comma. He writes in the pause. As I ponder this verse I think upon how God knew that I would need that pause, the little pause to stop and reflect on how good God is.

When I think on that, it does not seem so overwhelming.... I have God on my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment